Gretsch G9220 Bobtail Round Neck Acoustic Electric Resonator
Traditional mahogany design with modern construction and Fishman electronics perfect for blues. The Gretsch G9220 Bobtail Acoustic/Electric Resonator marks the return of resonators to the Gretsch family. It has the round neck that's preferable for blues-based music such as Mississippi Delta blues, country blues or even ragtime blues. A square neck version, which is used for bluegrass, is also available (please see model G9230, our sku# H80551). The G9220 features a beautifully-bound mahogany body with traditional-style F holes. The heart of this richly resounding guitar is the Gretsch Ampli-Sonic resonator cone, hand-spun in Eastern Europe from nearly 99-percent pure aluminum for fantastic volume and sonic projection. The onboard Fishman Nashville pickup features a split saddle piezo-ceramic pickup designed specifically for spider-style bridges and offers consistent, accurate sound reproduction for every performance.
Gretsch is proud to take players on a musical journey through nearly a century of great Gretsch history by introducing its Roots Collection of acoustic instruments. This exciting family of banjos, mandolins, resonator guitars, ukuleles and Rancher acoustic guitars feature classically authentic Gretsch designs that transport players to a bygone era well before the company made its acclaimed 1950s entry into the electric guitar world.
- Body Material: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Shape: Resonator
- Back and Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Top: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Finish: Semi-Gloss Vintage Sunburst
- Bracing: Internal Sound-Well
- F Holes Sound Holes
- Body Depth: 3.5" (8.8 cm)
- Body Length: 18.875" (47.9 cm)
- Body Width Upper Bout: 9.875" (25.1 cm)
- Body Width Lower Bout: 14.125" (35.9 cm)
- Body Binding: Aged White
- Neck Shape: Medium "V"
- Number of Frets: 19 (12 to Body)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid .25"
- Fingerboard Radius: 15.75" (400 mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Semi-Gloss Vintage Sunburst
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Scale Length: 25" (63.5 cm)
- Headstock: 1930's Gretsch® 3x3
- Truss Rods: Double-Action Headstock Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Hex
- Pickup Configuration: Fishman® Nashville Series Resophonic Pickup
- Hardware Finish: Nickel-Plated
- Bridge:Spider - Fishman® Nashville
- Bridge Cover: Nickel-Plated
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Sta-Tite™ Die-Cast
- String Nut: Bone
- Unique Features: Fishman® Nashville Resophonic Pickup; Gretsch Ampli-Sonic™ Spider Resonator Cone and Bridge; Nickel-Plated Poinsettia Design Cover-Plate; 1930s Gretsch Headstock with Aged Pearloid Face.
No reviews. Be the first to write one!