ZVex Fuzz Factory 7 (Hand Painted)
Ladies and gentlemen, we’d like to introduce you to the Fuzz Factory 7TM, a new take on our original company flag ship Fuzz FactoryTM. The Fuzz Factory 7 features a 9-position rotary sub switch that opens the pedal up to an astounding new bottom end as well as thin, reedy fuzzes. This means the pedal can oscillate at much lower registers as well has higher ones. The fuzz works equally well with both guitar and bass signals. There’s also a second stomp switch and an associated tone control. This passive tone control operates much the way the one on your guitar does, and when the stomp switch is activated it will let you roll off the high end of the fuzz sound so you can mellow out the tone if you like.
The controls of the Fuzz Factory 7TM are arranged in a circle around a Lexan window that reveals two rare 1956 Amperex black glass transistors. These rare and magnificent-sounding transistors are illuminated by LEDs when the pedal is engaged.
Due to the nature of each hand-painted Fuzz Probe pedal, there may be a slight difference in design from the posted image.
- SUBS SWITCH: The Fuzz Factory 7 has two new knobs (when compared to the original Fuzz Factory.) One of these, located at the 5 o’clock position, is a nine-position rotary switch that controls the internal tone of the fuzz, getting fatter and subbier to the left and thinner and reedier to the right. This switch will obviously change the oscillation range of the pedal as well, when the other knobs are set to an oscillating or squealing tone. Around the middle you’ll find the original Fuzz Factory setting.
- KNOBS: Although the six main control knobs are named for the parameters over which they seem to have the most control, please don’t hold us to it. They are controls for various operating levels and biases, and basically shape you a personalized fuzz.
- VOL: Controls output volume.
- GATE: Squelches noise after end of sustain. Turn to right to eliminate squeals, hiss and buzz, stopping just as they disappear, or use to tune in exact feedback pitch, if you’re that kind. Turning to left opens gate.
- COMP: Adds attack characteristic when turned to left, which gets softer to right, and suddenly pinches tone when all the way right. Also use to tune in fat feedbacky fuzz, if you’re that kind. Lower the Stability and see what happens to this control.
- DRIVE: Increases distortion when used as a “normal” fuzz, and adjusts feedback pitch and tonal thickness, if you’re that kind. This control becomes meaningless when Compress is all the way right.
- STAB: Use all the way right. Do not attempt to adjust this control below 2:00, unless you like your fuzz soft and squishy. Use to control feedback pitch. WARNING: Many “incorrect” settings on this pedal squeal. This may annoy the faint-hearted. If you use the example settings, you won’t get hurt. We don’t want to see anyone hurt. Don’t forget to memorize or write down your favorite settings.
- TONE: This knob is activated by the left stomp switch. It’s a passive tone control that mellows out the high end of the Fuzz Factory 7, like a simple lo-pass filter.
No reviews. Be the first to write one!